Flea Control Chester County
Prudential Pest Solutions offers flea treatment and control services in Chester County. The most common species of flea in Chester County is the Cat Flea. Even if you don’t have cats in or near your property, your home could become infested with fleas.
Our priority is always the health and safety of your family, pets, and the environment. The flea treatments and processes that we provide will resolve your flea issue quickly, professionally, and affordably.
Fleas are blood feeding insects that feed on pets and human blood. They are excellent jumpers and can jump to a height of about 6 inches. Adult fleas like to stay close or on their host. They will deposit eggs onto the host and where the host beds. Since fleas live on their hosts, they and their eggs are often deposited around the home wherever the pet or human travels.
It does not take very long for a few fleas to turn into MANY fleas. If not caught early on, a flea infestation can very quickly infest the entire home. Fleas can survive up to 6 months without a blood meal. Although fleas prefer to feed on pets, humans, as well as other mammals also provide an excellent food source. Mice, bats, and other mammals living in or near the home could also cause flea introductions and infestations.
Dangers of Flea Infestations
Anytime you have a blood feeding insect there is going to be the possibility of disease. Common diseases associated with flea infestations include Plague, Typhus, and even Tapeworm! Flea infestations should be treated immediately to prevent exposure to potentially hazardous diseases.
Our Flea Treatment Process
The key to an effective flea treatment involves a combination of vacuuming, chemical application, and cooperation from the homeowner. Below is our flea treatment process.
- Homeowner removes clutter and debris from all of the flooring. They may vacuum as much as they’d like leading up to the treatment. Vacuum bags should be discarded in a plastic bag and removed from the home after EVERY vacuuming.
- Homeowner should have their pets treated by a vet or themselves. This, ideally, should take place on the same day as our flea service.
- Prudential Pest Solutions, using a special bug vacuum, vacuums the treatment area. You can find out more about our bug vacuum here.
- We will treat the flooring as well as anywhere that the pets go. Every chemical we use is applied according to the label. We have some insecticides that are labeled for pet bedding.
- We will then re-vacuum the area to remove live and dead fleas, and eggs.
- After the treatment, the homeowner should continue vacuuming for the next week or so. ALWAYS discard the vacuum bag after EVERY use.
- Follow-up services, if necessary, can be scheduled for 2-3 weeks after the initial service.
Flea Exterminator Chester County
We strive to determine the origin of the flea issue. Sometimes the fleas came from a pet. Other times there is an underlying rodent infestation that is the cause of the fleas. Prudential Pest Solutions wants to effectively and permanently resolve your flea issue.
If you have fleas
If you have fleas and live in Chester County, don’t panic! We are here to help. Our affordable, professional, effective flea treatments will get your home flea and pest free quick!
Flea Treatment Chester County can be found below!
Give us a call, or send us a message to get flea free today.